These Media Regulations establish the terms by which a media outlet and its representatives may request, receive and use credentials to access PGA TOUR tournaments for news and editorial purposes. These Media Regulations form a binding contract between PGA TOUR, Inc. (“PGA TOUR”), a Media Outlet and its Credential Holders (as defined below). In consideration of receiving credentials from PGA TOUR under these Media Regulations, each Media Outlet and its Credential Holders accept and agree to these Media Regulations.
1. PGA TOUR Holds Exclusive Media Rights. PGA TOUR holds the exclusive right to provide media outlets and their representatives with access to Tournaments. All media rights in and to Tournaments, including rights to all forms of audio, video and photography, are held exclusively by PGA TOUR. For purposes of these Media Regulations, “Tournaments” means all sanctioned tournaments on the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, Korn Ferry Tour and PGA TOUR Americas (the “Tours”), including the competition, practice rounds (including pro-ams), qualifiers, practice areas, hospitality areas and all surrounding events and areas at the tournament site(s) on all tournament days (typically Monday – Sunday). A “Media Day” preceding the week of a Tournament will also be a considered part of the Tournament for purposes of these Media Regulations, unless otherwise specifically set forth in these Media Regulations.
2. Overview of Credentials. PGA TOUR issues credentials under these Media Regulations solely to approved individuals (“Credential Holders”) representing an approved media outlet (“Media Outlet”). A credential authorizes a Credential Holder, on a temporary and conditional basis, to access a Tournament on behalf of his/her Media Outlet and collect and distribute certain content for news and editorial purposes in accordance with these Media Regulations. Credentials are issued either for a specific Tournament (e.g., to a local outlet) or on a season-long basis.
3. Credential Requests. Credential requests for Tournaments (including Media Days) must be submitted by a Media Outlet for its desired Credential Holders through PGA TOUR’s credentialing system. Credential requests from a Media Outlet must include the following information:
a. Media Outlet. The name of the Media Outlet.
b. Credential Holder(s). The individual name(s) of the Media Outlet’s desired Credential Holders.
c. Competition Photography. The name of each Credential Holder, if any, that desires to be credentialed as a “Competition Photographer” (for purposes of having the permission set forth in Section II.5.a below).
4. Credential Approvals. PGA TOUR reserves sole discretion to approve or deny a credential request in whole or in part. If PGA TOUR approves a credential request, PGA TOUR will record the approval in its credentialing system and issue a credential to the approved Credential Holder, setting forth the name of the Credential Holder, his/her Media Outlet and whether the Credential Holder is a Competition Photographer. To receive an issued credential, each Credential Holder and his/her Media Outlet must accept and agree to the approved terms of the credential and these Media Regulations in PGA TOUR’s credentialing system.
8. Revocation of Credentials. PGA TOUR reserves sole discretion to revoke credentials issued under these Media Regulations, and/or the approved terms of a specific credential, in whole or in part at any time.